posted to rec.boats.electronics
Paul Paul is offline

Default Fuel Gauge Repair

Sound like a Temp Fuel Gauge

http://www.tempoproducts.com/

Contact them.

On Nov 9, 4:22*pm, scotts wrote:
I have a 1983 Renken and a 1985 Chris Craft. *Both have the exact same
name brand instruments on their dashboards. *The only sign of a
company name or trademark on these instruments is a white "T" on the
bottom of the instrument faces. *The instruments are black and the
scales and markings are white and brown/bronze. *There’s two sets of
numbers on the side of the fuel gauge, 1198777 and 3044 under that. *

Anyone know what company this is so I can look up the specs? *What ohm
range the fuel gauge operates? *

Does the fuel gauge actually measure a voltage drop or resistance
(i.e., ohms)?

THE PROBLEM: The Renken fuel gauge does not work. *The resistance
between ground and the sender of the tank is 15k . *The voltage
difference between ground and the sender is 10v, and the difference
between the sender and the ignition hot lead is 3v. *

I replaced the original “T” fuel gauge with a 30-240 ohm teleflex (not
sure if this is the correct replacement) but the teleflex gauge does
not work either. *The needle does not move (i.e., reads empty just
like the old “T” gauge did) and I know the tank has plenty of gas in
it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Scott

--