Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Vendee Globe: Around the world, alone, without any assistance... start sunday nov 9th 11h 02 UT

"Marty" wrote in message
Michel Pineau wrote:
Hi all!

"On November 9th 2008, at 13 h 02 French time (11 h 02 UT) 30 navigators
will set sails aboard their 60'monohulls, heading towards the three great
capes, marking the southern tips of the African continent, Australia and
America. The Vendée Globe will start, for the 6th time, from the harbour
of Les Sables d’Olonne, where it was born. And as far as the rest of the
story is concerned… well, it’s up to the sailors themselves now."

http://www.vendeeglobe.org/en/

6 nations are represented
1 american: Rich Wilson with Great American III
http://www.vendeeglobe.org/en/editio...ch-wilson.html
http://www.greatamerican3.com/

Two women this year, both British. No doubt Neal will belittle them....

At least Dee Caffari looks like a woman. As a matter of fact, she's hot. I'd
have little trouble cheering her on. And her boat is the right color! But
sadly, Samantha Davies looks like your typical British bulldog dyke. Big
chin and noticeable Adam's apple. Too much testosterone there.

Too bad neither one of them is a serious contender. My prediction is Dee
(she can't be tough-she's too feminine!) will be a DNF and Samantha will
have a tight grip on second or third to last place.

But, I'm amazed. Did Mike Golding get resurrected from the dead? Wasn't he
lost at sea when the keel fell of his boat in mid-Atlantic several years ago
during a trial?

Wilbur Hubbard