[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Leaking Porthole

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 06:19:48 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 09:20:20 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 20:00:27 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 06:36:23 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 11:47:42 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

We are talking about completely saturated balsa, not drying green
lumber to get SOME of the native moisture out. Besides, you can't get
it in the kiln while it's still sandwiched between two layers of
fiberglass and attached to a boat. If it's been wet for any length of
time, the balsa is permanently damaged anyway, and replacement is
mandated.

So, in this case, no, you can't kiln dry it.

Well, you did say you were going to put it in the oven :-)

Newsgroups: rec.boats.cruising
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 21:15:18 -0500
Subject: Leaking Porthole
Forget it. It won't come even close to working. You'd have a tough
time getting the water out of that balsa baking it for weeks in a warm
oven.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

In waht you quoted above I said "You'd" which is a contraction for
"You WOULD"