Alta47 Alta47 is offline

Default Stupid boat launching question

I bought a 13-foot aluminum boat and trailer this summer. I never owned one
before, so I had to figure out how to get it into the water using a boat
launching ramp. As far as I can tell, part of that process includes backing
the trailer into the water and then actually having to wade into the water a
short distance to push the boat off the trailer.

My stupid question is: Now that it's getting cold outside, if I want to
launch the boat in cold weather, do I actually have to wade into icy cold
water on a cold day to do that? I assume there must be another way to do
this.