posted to rec.boats.building
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Planning Around What You Have - Aluminum Boat Plansd

Ok... It looks like I am going to have to junk my fiberglass bass boat.
Over the last few months I have been doing a repair and rebuild project on
an aluminum bass boat that had been wreched. I bought it for less than
salvage. Now I am looking for a decent bass boat design for a bigger water
bass boat.

I figure outboards are the most expensive part of most small craft. Add in
rigging and the hull is almost an afterthought for some. Anyway. I am
looking for designs to take advatage of the outboards and riggingI already
have. I've got a great condition (mechanically) Black Max 150 and a good
condition Optimax 225. Being a psychotic ego tripping speed junky bass
fisherman I am ideally looking for designs that will have a max HP rating
similar to the motors I have available to put on them. What I have found is
that either the designs available are not ideal for a bass fishing layout or
they aren't available in the max HP range I am looking for. I did notice
that several designer underated the HP when you plug in the formulas from
the backyard boat builder pamphlet from the Coast Guard, but I really
hesitate to deviate from the HP ratings of the designer.

I am specifically looking for aluminum designs.

I have also considered buying a couple designs and then using them to derive
my own design and rate it myself.