posted to rec.gardens,rec.arts.tv,alt.atheism,rec.boats.cruising
DanielSan DanielSan is offline

Default Obama as president: The Commander and Thief

Steve Lusardi wrote:
I don't normally reply to political posts, especially in NGs where they do
not belong, but I will make an exception to this one. I sincerely worry
about our country when the people that elect our leaders are so massively
uninformed. The population's exposure to a biased media and the media's
propensity to edit by exclusion world news frightens the hell out of me. Of
course, you say, I am talking about somebody else, that could not be me.
Well, boys and girls, it is you. The person in the mirror you see in the
morning. I refuse to label Americans as ignorant or stupid, as most of the
rest of the word does, because it is far from the truth. However, if you do
not feel insulted by the rhetoric spewed from the mouth of both candidates,
you should be and it is indicative of the level of understanding in the
general population.

Please do your own simple arithmetic. There is no such thing as a free
lunch. Everything has a cost, please ask yourself where the money will come
from for the advertised programs being spouted and if you determine that
there are no funds for these things, no matter how noble and righteous they
may be, you must NOT trust anything else the candidate says. We are already
in a terrible state with massive national, corporate and personal debt. If
you think the sub-prime mortgage thing is big, think about personal credit
card debt. It is even bigger. Remember, no man is truly free, if he is in
debt. What are you going to do about it. Don't look somewhere else. Look in
the mirror. Put a plan together and vote responsibly.
Steve

I agree. However, there's one problem with that:

The American politick is a "first passed the post, winner takes all"
system, which pretty much guarantees a two-party system. As such, and
because political advertising is NOT free, it also guarantees that only
the richest candidates can even make it TO that "post".

However, there's a difference in this election. The money that Obama is
getting is NOT his own. It's from contributors. A lot of contributors.
He is not using DNC money. Whereas, McCain is using a lot of money
from the RNC.

Let me be clear: I do not trust either candidate. I will, however, vote
for the person that I believe will be the better of the two (note that
this isn't a "lesser of two evils" argument):

I am voting for Barack Obama on November 4.

* DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226 *
* It has been said that Jesus died on a Friday and *
* was resurrected on a Sunday. It is not so much *
* that Jesus died for our sins, as he had a very *
* bad weekend for them. *