Chris Newport

Default Wood vs Fiberglass

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 2:42 am in rec.boats.building Danny wrote:

My son and I are planning to build/buy a couple sea kayaks. We can throw
them on the sail boat when we all cruise or use them here on the Columbia
River.
The point of gentlemanly contention is the issue of strength and
durability of wood compared with a fiberglass boat. Any stats or web sites
that would settle this for us? TIA

If the good lord had wanted us to build fibreglass boats he would have
given us fibre glasss trees B-)

--
My real address is crn (at) netunix (dot) com
WARNING all messages containing attachments or html will be silently