William R. Watt

Default Wood vs Fiberglass

wood requires more care and maintenance to prevent rot
fibreglass boats are heavier
people who like the appearance and feel of wood and the lower maintenance of
fibreglass cover wood boats with clear fibreglass

"Danny" ) writes:
My son and I are planning to build/buy a couple sea kayaks. We can throw
them on the sail boat when we all cruise or use them here on the Columbia
River.
The point of gentlemanly contention is the issue of strength and durability
of wood compared with a fiberglass boat. Any stats or web sites that would
settle this for us? TIA

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm