Backyard Renegade

Default D4 dinghy epoxy quantity

Rick Tyler wrote in message . ..
On 7 May 2004 06:37:48 -0700, (Backyard
Renegade) wrote:

keith wrote in message . ..
I have the free plans to build a D4 dinghy, but roughly how much epoxy
do I need for the project? Thanks in advance.

It really depends on how careful you are with it. The D4 could
probably be built with about 3/4 to one gallon of goo. If you take a
gallon and a half you are building way too heavy, I have built several
of these, am building one right now, I rarely answer questions if I
don't really know the answer

Remember that Scotty is a very experienced builder. I used more than
a gallon on my 8-foot dinghy. The designer of that boat recommends
1.5 gallons for a first-time builder.

Have fun!

- Rick Tyler

You are correct, sometimes I forget. I guess with the sail rig and
such, you could use that much. Probably best for a newbie to listen to
Matt, and Rick, and the designer.
Scotty