James

Default Caulking Putty + Lead

You can buy red and white lead putty.. ready mixed up from traditional boat
supplies.
Its cheap enough that few people in my neck of the woods bother to make it
up themselves.

Traditional Boat Supplies
31, Ravensmere
Beccles Suffolk
NR34 9DH
Tel: 01502 712311

I think they have a website.. but I dont know the URL

"Stu Knowles" wrote in message
Hi All,
I am re building a very tired wooden 'double ender' fishing boat built 40
years ago in Redcar UK.
Along each side of the keel / stem, is a gap between keel & first plank
which is packed with caulking cotton covered with putty mixed with lead
powder.

Question, In what proportion does the lead powder get mixed with the

putty?
( I understand it keeps the putty flexible)

All suggestions appreciated ( well the clean ones anyway)

Best regards,
Stu Knowles.
Doncaster UK