posted to alt.sailing.asa
cruisin cruisin is offline

Default So, once again, what is the best trailerable daysailor/overnighter?

I know this stuff has been covered over and over, but please refresh
my memory about what might be the "best" 18-23' trailerable (read
swing keel/centerboard) boat. When I sell my beloved cruiser and
return home for a couple of years of rebuilding, I'm going to need
something to satisfy the occasional sailing jones.
Needs to be something built well, sail reasonably well, be reasonably
easy to rig, and have some kind of cuddy cabin two people could camp
out in for an overnight if desired, Oh, and be under 10K, 5K would be
better, including trailer. Not looking for a new boat obviously.
Some boats off the top of my head- Catalina 22, Santana?, Hunter,
Oday, etc. Anyone ever do research to determine what might be a good
one to zero in on?
Don't worry, I don't expect any serious answers, but will be
pleasantly surprised to get a few!

Best,

Mike