Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Haversine Calculator

On 2008-10-06 21:40:49 -0400, "Roger Long" said:

"Jere Lull" wrote

As one who counseled them that Hattaras could blow up unpredictably in
any given hour, particularly this time of year, I have to say it seems
they're taking appropriate actions and precautions, are using every
available input.

I'll agree that they have done it well, this time. As long as it
doesn't lead them into thinking they can push their luck a little
farther next time, and a little farther the next time it works out,
they'll be fine.

Urmmm, isn't that how we all broaden our horizons? A little the first
time, bit more next, etc.?

I'll agree that their first steps are larger than mine, but within the
framework of the passage-making they're doing, they're doing it with
more awareness of particularly the weather than most delivery crews
have.

Because of the time-bind they're in, this leg of their journey is more
a delivery than cruising, but they ARE ducking out of the weather.

As I type, they just entered Charleston Harbor, probably passed Fort
Sumter just about now. It really is kewl to flip the satellite view on
at times such as this.

--
Jere Lull