Brian D

Default West epoxy - expanding under LP?

WEST minifibers (or is it microfibers) contains _cotton_ fiber and this
absorbs moisture too. You must seal the sandable epoxy mix as though it
were plain wood, e.g. 2 or 3 coats of plain epoxy, then primer and paint.
Note: When I fill holes, I usually let them stay bumped up a little until
after curing, then I use a SurForm or scraper (or both) as appropriate to
bring it down flush. Sanding seems to remove material around the hole more
than it removes the filler in the hole, so I don't sand. I then coat the
whole section a couple of times (usually 3) prior to painting. Works for
me.

--
http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass -- My 22' Tolman Skiff project
http://www.advantagecomposites.com/catalog -- Discounted System Three

"Steve" wrote in message

"BCC" wrote in message
West epoxy and their easy sand additive powder - and sanded them flat.

Are you sure that sanding addiative/filler was a West product?? It sure
sounds like Talc and if it is Talc, then it is absorbing moisture..

Talc is what is used in auto body filler.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions