FishWisher FishWisher is offline

Default 9-18: Ok, Hogan, I give up! (NorCal fishing)

Fished New Hogan Reservoir (Corp of Engineers) near Stockton, Ca as
usual with downriggers, anchovies and shad. Lots of fish, lots of
boils, but not a bump. Those stripers are living in a shad buffet and
don't want anything else but live, active shad - or so it seems.

I saw one guy pull one out of a boil, that's all I saw all day. I gave
it about six hours and gave up. For the season. I've made 13 trips in
a row for 13 stripers. It's just been a lousy year for Hogan. Or maybe
I should say a typical year.

Next week: Sturgeon on the 1000 mile California Delta!
(www.californiadelta.org) I can't wait to sling bait, kick back at
anchor and watch the flotsam float by while drinking cheap beer and
listening to Dolly and Merle. It's been a long time...

Photos on my website of the old Hogan dam which keeps showing more and
more as the water drops, and also some sandpiper looking birds I
photographed out in the middle of the lake - I've never seen such
birds on a lake before. Maybe someone can tell me what they are?

Dale
www.fishwisher.com