[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default damn fools building on the beach

On Sep 19, 1:48*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:16:33 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Texas, like Fl has law that says any of the beach between high and low
tide is public land and nothing me be built there. *Of course, Ike has
moved the beach so many homes there are now below high tide line so
they cannot rebuild. *Too effin bad I say. *These idjits knew that was
the case before they built but did anyway.

The problem is they had a weak building code.
This one did OK, built to a 150 MPH wind code and exceeding minimum
FEMA elevationhttp://esteroriverheights.com/electrical/art.gilchrist.house.irpt.jpg

The trouble is that even if a structure is built to resist the forces
of a 200mph wind, it isn't practical to build one to resist the forces
of wind blown debris. Once you have compromised the wall, which is
acting as a diaphram to resist those wind forces with wind blown
debris, bad things start happening quickly.