Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default What holds the choke closed ?

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:49:31 GMT, "Dan Crouthamel"
wrote:

It starts perfectly if I manually set the choke. It will then back off the
choke as the engine warms up.
I think the choke may need cleaning or adjustment.

Without setting the choke I have to give it a few pumps then crank at near
full throttle and then quickly back off to about 2k RPM to let it warm up
and the finally back to idle. It works but I like things to work right.

"Dan Crouthamel" wrote in message
On a Weber 9665s. BiMettallic Choke ( no electric ), Diaphragm Pulloff.
My choke stays open and won't close. What closes the choke on a cold start
?

Used to adjust mine every fall when the weather got cool.
The spring loses some of its tension as it ages.
When the engine and outside air are cool, loosen the cover, and turn
the spring until the choke is just closed. Retighten the cover.

--Vic