Jim

Default Varnish Question

I use the Epithanes wood finish, it does not need to be sanded between
coats (if done within 72 hours of last coat), I put it on with one of
those small, white foam rollers. I do brush some of it out, but only
around edges and corners.

The roller works great on an overhead, by the way.

I saw someone applying varnish to cabinets on one of those home
improvement shows and tried it. People who see me using a roller are
horrified. But the results are every bit as good as the brush.

It lasts almost a year (9 coats). Looks like varnish (it IS varnish).
One coat takes 15 minutes with the roller, 2 hours with a brush. And
I'm always asked if maintaining the varnish is a lot of hard work.

And people use Cetol because it's easier, HA.
Jim

Matt/Meribeth Pedersen wrote:
No, but some of the trim I did was horizontal/overhead.
No problems (at least, nothing unexpected). Just get
the stuff on the overhead surface quickly so it doesn't have a
lot of time to soak back deep into the brush.

"Brian D" wrote in message

Have you tried Epifanes on overhead surfaces? Like a bright finished
ceiling in a pilot house?

Brian