Billgran

Default Where is the impeller??

"Frank Taylor, Jr." wrote in message
My boat has a 5.7 Volvo Penta engine. It is 2 years old and has about 240
hours on it. I figure it is time to change the impeller. I have had some
people tell me that the impeller on their boat was in the outdrive and

some
said it was on the front of the engine. I do not know where mine is.

Does anyone know where it is and how difficult it is to replace it.

Depending on your model number, the raw water pump is on the cranshaft
pulley of the engine or right next to the pulley connected by a short
V-belt. There is no impeller in the outdrive on your unit. Either type of
pump is easy to service as long as the boat builder left adequate access to
the firont and/or stb. side of the motor. A factory service manual should be
your first purchase.

Bill Grannis
service manager