Bob Bob is offline

Default Zac scare

On Sep 8, 5:40*am, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

You've really got to admire parents who would let their child do something
like this:
Roger Long

I fear for his safety. I view his mom and dad as just another in the mold of
those beauty pageant parents who whore out their young daughters and live
vicariously through them.
Wilbur Hubbard

After reading the Blog this quote really sent a chill up my spine:

"...It was the opening of the AYSO soccer season yesterday and as a
coach for Jessie's team (U10 ) and assistant coach for Toby's team
(U12) the games provided a good distraction for the family from are
growing concerns..."

Having put a child, now 21, through school and club sports and who is
now on a full ride athletic schorarship at a NCAA school ( NCAA Player
of the week and game starter) I can say I met those kind of parents. I
have spent 10,000s of hours in mini vans and sitting on hard benches
cheering next to them. I know those kind of parents. They can not stay
out of the life of their children and intrude and controll to the
point they dont even let other people coach their child's team. Such
is Zacs dad who must coach both his other kids teams. Zac's dad MUST
have total controll.

The problem is the kid never learns SELF motivation, independence,
self reliance, or develops decission making. For example the constant
parent micro managing of this circumnavigation. The vast majority of
kids of Pagent Parents Ive seen are continually forced into achievment
and when they become adults typically turn into slackers becasue they
have never develped INTRINSIC motivation. Why, cause momy and daddy
have always been there pushing.

Passion and motivation are not qualities whipped into a kid. Passion
comes from within. Normal parent plant the seeds of interest. Some
will never germinate but others will.

Wilbur hit the nail on the head. Zac's dad is a controll freak. I too
fear for Zac and admonish his dad. I live by the words I saw on a T
shirt a coach was waring at some tourney....... "They Play.... You
Cheer..... I Coach....."

Bob
Proud Dad of a sucessfull adult child who still enjoys sports and is
independent and self motivated.