MMC

Default Is this worth restoring?

Sounds like a classic, and it is worth restoring if it's worth it to you.
If the hull is fiberglass, I would be suspect of the year, from what I've
read fiberglass wasn't used in boat building until 1959.
"Dee Jay" wrote in message
Hey all,

I came by a boat as a trade for some computer work. It's a 14' '54

Glasspar
Marathon with a 70 horse Chysler o/b, the whole rig has been sitting in

the
man's driveway for at least 10 years (he said 10, but the registration
sticker is from 85). I started overhauling the engine last year, rebuild
the carbs, etc. I still wasn't getting spark and this year I broke down

and
it's in the shop because I have no time to work on it and I don't want to

go
another season w/o getting her wet.

So while it's gone I've been cleaning up the hull and re-doing the

interior.
The plexi-glass windshield is in rough shape and there are a couple of
small, superficial cracks in the fiberglass. It's got a home made wooden
bench seat I'm going to upholster for the first season, but I was
wondering - would this be worth restoring? I've looked on the internet at
some old photos and the boat is real nice looking, but I don't know if it
would be worth my time and effort to fully restore it or I if I should

just
get it functioning and use it until it dies.

Thank you,
DJ

--
I rarely misspell things outright, but when I do it's usually something
interesting....Instead, I use homonyms. These are small, gay creatures

with
furry feet, loosely related to Hobbits. They make wonderful cookies, are
very friendly, and write brilliantly on deregulation and other libertarian
issues.
- Jonah Goldberg

http://thewrite.blogspot.com/
djstipe at msn dot com