Hoges in WA Hoges in WA is offline

Default Dubarry Shamrocks

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 14:42:19 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

Thanks Dennis
I can't do the "match the price" thing. In Australia, the cheapest I can
get them is $499 or about $US440 plus I have to pay postage from the East
coast. I see them in Pineapple Sails for $US295. Like you, I am very
concerned about fit and return issues, the reason for my caution.
Hoges in WA

Personally, if I decided I wanted to spend such an excessive amount
for a pair of shoes, there would no problem kicking in a few hundred
dollars more to fly to a store and have them properly fitted.
You may well find them unsuitable.
In a backwards fashion, your concern about shipping costs make me
think of somebody who will scour eBay for weeks to get an item for
$2.00 instead of $3.00, then pop $35.00 for next-day shipping.
At the end, your feet are precious, and if it is only Dubarry
Shamrocks that will keep them happy, have those shoes properly fitted.

--Vic

Vic
It's not the shipping costs that are the problem, it's the logistics.
I'm half a world away from where they are, in Western Australia.
And it's not an eBay issue thing either, it's simply that I have to source
things on-line.
An air fare for me to SF is something like $1,400.
I'm also curious about Helly Hansen boots, but I can't get them in Oz
either.
As you suggest, having them properly fitted makes a lot of sense - I'm just
having trouble with the price difference of $US440 to $US295.
Hoges in WA