Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default I just knew this was coming...and soon

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 18:26:06 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

What do you think about secondary control stations located in the cockpit
area?

I've never owned a boat with secondary controls other than upper/lower
helm stations but you see quite a few serious fishing boats with
controls in the cockpit. I'm guessing that they find it useful for
backing down on a large fish when there are only a couple of guys on
board. There are also some motor yachts which have very poor
visibility aft and I would certainly want a second set of controls for
backing into a slip.

The Navigator we had was a perfect candidate for another set of controls.
In fact, if I had kept it and did more traveling in it, I probably would
have had a set installed on the rear of the flybridge .... on the section
that overhung the cockpit. I had absolutely no visibility of the back of
the boat from the upper station.

I wouldn't bother with a helm. I'd just have controls for the
transmissions and engine throttles.

Eisboch