habbi

Default Lifting an outboard

I had a 2000 150 evinrude and didn't have the proper ring but I noticed 2
"cast in" lifting eyes in the block. I made a small sling from 3/16" wire
cable and it worked fine. On another note my 225 evinrude (3 small 3/8"
bolts into the flywheel) uses a completely different lifting ring than the
150 (screws into the crankshaft in the flywheel).
"jsheesley" wrote in message
om...
How would you guys suggest lifting off an outboard? Is there some kind
of lift hook that attaches to the flywheel? Or do use straps or what?
The motor in question is a 88 Johnson 110 hp.