John

Default Fuel injection small block chevy

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to visualize what at USCG approve FI might be. For a carborated
engine the alternator is spark proofed and the carb has a flame arrestor on
it. You might be required to wedge shim the carb so the float functions
properly and doesn flood. Oh yah! you need a marine fuel pump if you go with
mechanic..

Ok now let's see, with a FI, were talking about throttle body for the 350.
Pretty standard, no floats, no mechanical fuel pump and the alternator could
just be a marine version.

So what do we have left? Ah! the flame arrestor air cleaner.. Shouldn't be a
big deal to fit one on the throttle body.

I've seen so many dead or dying Bayliners around with rusted out raw water
cooled 350 I/O these parts should be readily available.

Soundn't be a problem..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

If you think the only diferance in a marinized carb is the flame
arrestor, you haven't looked very hard. Granted, the differance in the
cost of manufacturing one vs. the other, is probably nothing, yes you
are being gouged. But, unless your the only one using the boat, keep
it CG approved. If something happens, and someone gets hurt in the
process, some lawyer is going to take you for everything you have now
and ever will have. A good surveyor will spot your "handy work" when
he's called in to investigate what happened. Your just going to make
the lawyers work that much easier for him. It's cheaper in the long
run to keep it all CG approved. And it might just save your life in
the process.