Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia is offline

Default Power and Sail Squadron recreational boater qualifications.

On Aug 30, 4:46*pm, "Roger Long" wrote:
"Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia" wrote

Hi Roger, no requirement unless you stay 45 or more consecutive days.

I definitely plan to so I've got to find out what they will accept from a
state that doesn't issue the kind of documentation they describe.

--
Roger Long

Hello again Roger, it appears to me theat you can get yourself a
Canadian-issued pleasure craft operator card:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/marinesafety/deb..._visitor.htm#g

"Acceptable Proof of Competency for Non-Residents
For non-residents, proof of competency can take one of three forms:

A Canadian-issued pleasure craft operator card.
A completed boat rental safety check-list (for power-driven rental
boats).
An operator card or equivalent that meets the requirements of their
state or country.
For more information, consult the Competency of Operators of Pleasure
Craft Regulations."

This wording suggest to me a non resident can have a Canadian issued
card. The pleasure craft operator cards are easy enough to get
online as the course is available through several vendors such as:

http://www.boaterexam.com/canada/?gc...FRhhnAodfUctQQ

http://www.theoperatorcard.ca/

http://www.boaterlicences.com/?gclid...FQsiIgodSFYRQw