TJ[_3_] TJ[_3_] is offline

Default Global warming?

hk wrote:

TJ wrote:

Ah, the word "Christ" in quotes, in that context. Explains a lot. In
fact Harry, you reveal much more by what you *don't* say than what
you do.

Finally, *you* asked why I put the word "Christ" in quotation marks.
That was a theological question, whether you think so or not. The word
"Christ" has a specific meaning, and in the case of Jesus, I don't think
it applies. But, as I stated, I think Jesus, if such a person existed,
was a cool dude, and certainly more of an advocate of my positions
toward my fellow man than many of the self-described "Christians" who
post here.

Check it out, Harry. There was no question there about what you put into
quotes. Just a comment. I will not debate theology with you any further.
It's not my area of expertise, and it's off-topic.

So, tell me...are you just another mindless rightie, like so many of
those who post here?

Nope. I already said once that I'm a moderate. I have little use for
extremists of any stripe. I have found most of them to be correct on one
or two things, but dead wrong on most others. I have also found some
that were dead wrong on *everything,* but I have never found one that
was correct about *everything.*

Take this for example: Remember the Obama/McCain/Hilton exchange on
energy policy? Paris Hilton's contribution was meant to be a parody of
the other two, but she actually made more sense than either extreme. If
one of the candidates would take that sensible, moderate approach to the
country's energy needs, he'd go a long way toward getting my vote. But
instead, I hear little that makes sense from either side. That really
scares me about our future, no matter who wins this race.

Notice how I pulled the thread back toward global warming?

TJ