John H.[_6_] John H.[_6_] is offline

Default Moving tie down points on a trailer

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:01:33 +0100, "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

"John H." salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote in message
.. .

Use a strap over the whole boat. Then you can leave everything as is and
do
no welding. I did that for years and had no problems. You may have to
drill
and bolt on a couple of eyes on the trailer frame, but that's no big deal.

want to avoid doing that ... wrong way to load trailer, manufacturer of boat
& trailer both advise against that.
It is way I had previous boat strapped down .. but trying to do this
properly this time.

My last boat came that way, but it was probably built with the strength in
the right places to take it. I'd guess the boat manufacturer knows best.