John H.[_6_] John H.[_6_] is offline

Default Moving tie down points on a trailer

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:27:58 +0100, "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

I am going to be fitting SMART TABS in coming week.
I have a Maxum 1800SR3 on a Karavan bunk trailer.

The TABS position means that the tie down straps at the rear can't be used
from the current transom points to trailer fittings.
You can see them in this pictu

http://www.esnips.com/doc/16bc8c4e-e.../Transom-view2

or

http://tinyurl.com/6bhvst

Position on Tabs will be at position B in above photo ... which means straps
will have to be moved.
Anybody know of a neat way to provide new Tie down points without welding ?
i.e. something that I can bolt on.

Ideally with U bolts or similar ... looked in Indespension catalogue but not
found anything.

Use a strap over the whole boat. Then you can leave everything as is and do
no welding. I did that for years and had no problems. You may have to drill
and bolt on a couple of eyes on the trailer frame, but that's no big deal.