Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Cockpit drainage, lets try again

"hk" wrote in message

When I remember, I pour a gallon of water and a bit of Simple Green into
the bilge of Yo Ho before I head out. The soup sloshes around for a while.
When I retrieve the boat, I open the transom drain and what the bilge pump
hasn't gotten rid of drips out.

We have all types of boaters here. I do the same thing, except I drag a
water hose inside the boat, open a hatch over the lowest part of the hull,
dump some Simple Green or bilge cleaner in, then let the hose run for about
15 minutes until one of the bilge pumps turns on automatically.

To really rid the bilge of almost all water, I have to either pump it back
out by hand or take the boat out, trim to a proper angle and run the aft
bilge pump.

Hauling and draining isn't an option.

Eisboch