posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.scuba,uk.rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Why the Law of the Sea has to be the Law of the Jungle?

It is a jungle. From the law of gross tonnage that Lee mentions to
the fact that there are oodles of natural things out there that can
kill you. Powerboats aren't the only thing. (As a matter of fact,
I've had a powerboat with a bunch of teenagers almost sink their own
boat trying to play "sink the kayak" when they caught me on a lake in
Virginia. They gave up in frustration, I barely even got wet. Unless
it runs you over or something, a powerboat is no match for a kayak. It
can seem a little scary, however.) It is much safer to sit inside and
watch TV.