megabite

Default Potentialy off topic question..........

Easy! Call any Mercury Marine Dealer and ask for the box on the next 4 Cyl.
outboard in your H.P. class. It should come with the crate and supports
neccessary. When I worked at a Merc Dealer, we'd just toss em in the
dumpster.
"John M. Wright" wrote in message
Sorry for posting a non-boatbuilding question. I have been ordered to

clear
out some unused, but working stuff cluttering up the garage, for a larger
project. So, I'm about to post a Mercury 50hp ( Merc 500 ) and a 65hp (

Merc
650 ) outboards on eBay and was at a bit of a loss as to how one would

ship
items this large and heavy ?. Any sugestions as to packing and how to ship
would be most welcome. Again, sorry for the off-topic post. Thanks for

your
patients.

John