Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] is offline

Default Maine Passage - Day 5

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 09:42:59 -0600, Paul Cassel
wrote:

I'm hardly a professional rigger, but I've observed lee shrouds loose on
many boats w/o adverse consequences. I think if you have the rig so taut
as the lee shrouds are tight AND you have deformed the hull to point
that you can't open a sole hatch, you have things a bit too tense.

Do you have a rigging text aboard? Maybe others with more experience on
your specific rig can chime in here.

Lee shrouds being less taunt the windward stays is normal. the
question is how much looser. Apparently the Pig's are loose enough
that the mast boot works loose.

Another problem he seems to have is that when he tightens up the
shrouds it deforms the boat. the usual cure for that is a tie rod
between the mast step and the underside of the deck.

Bruce-in-Bangkok