Larry Larry is offline

Default Saling in fog

"Silver K" wrote in
:

I just moved my boat from Douglas Harbour in Grand Lake New Brunswick
to St. Andrews New Brunswick on Passamaquoddy Bay. The entire trip
from St. John Harbour into Passamaquoddy Bay was entirely in the fog
with visibility of less than 1/4 M. I was alone on the boat and
averaged 4.3K over 50 M. This trip is through a busy industrial
harbour with a ferry wharf, through busy fishing grounds and across a
another ferry path and through Letite Passage with is a trecherous
passage where my speed increased to 10K over ground. I was sailing
most of the way with power assist in St John Harbour and through
Latite passage. I was very lucky that I left on a falling tide and
caught the rising tide as I passed "The Wolves" I rode the rising
tide right into St Andrews Harbour. Not a bad day's sailing.

Silver K

Sounds like a great place to have RADAR....

.....and a big RADAR reflector!