Bob Bob is offline

Default Soul searching about a sailor in trouble

On Jul 26, 7:09*am, Larry wrote:

I'm 62. *I don't give a **** how "fit" a 60-year-old is, in his
mind....Jack La Lane shouldn't be out sailing alone over 60....maybe over
50!

I can not disagree more! I am a liberal Democrate and belive that
govenment intrusion is not a good thing. To simply mandate an upper
age limitt is simply ignorant. I looked at the "special-better than
the rest of us" web page roger created for RBC. Looking at the pics of
the authors here Id say youre right. All over 50 ... white ..... and
pudgy to dangerously inable and feble. even though Roger claimes to
have the back of a 30 year old.

I say performance based licensing is the answer. Get an ocupational
theropist and a HRM guy to do a task analysist on sailing. Then create
a physial/mental agility test. In its most simple terms [eye test,
can you run 2 miles in 12 min, do 50 crunches, lift 80 lbs to yor
chest 30 times in 3 min. etc. that sorta stuff] Dont pass. Dont go to
sea.

But to say no sailing after 50 is bull****.... well that is unless you
live in select areas of the USA where 50% of the population is OBEASE!
Old fat ****s and people without a clue have no business off shore.
Keep them on inland and western rivers and let the county/city water
cops take care of them

Bob