Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Mercrusier IO 165hp coolant leak

I'm a semi-retired car mechanic that's been drafted by the boat owners from 8
small lakes in the Central New York area to fix their boats.

Most of my repairs are minor and people are usually thrilled that they don't
have to pull their boat out of the water and lose it for most of the season just
to have something like a starter replaced.

I looked at a Mercrusier IO 165hp (closed system) today that has a leak coming
from a small round hole near the bottom of the front cover. I'm guessing this is
a weep hole for the water pump that might be bad - or something else?.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Larry
www.rovatune.com