Hunter[_2_] Hunter[_2_] is offline

Default Blatic 48 Vs Oyster 48

Dear Group:

I have owned several boats (Taswell 43 and Farr 40). I am looking to
buy a cruising boat and have identified two boats in particular that I
am interested in. One is a Baltic 48 all fitted out for cruising and
the other is an Oyster 485, newer and shinny but lacking self steering
gear, sat phone and few other necessities for cruising. I would like
any constructive comments regarrding these two boats! The Oyster has
a skeg rudder and the Baltic does not, is this important? The Baltic
is a cored hull laminate and the Oyster is solid, again any thoughts.
They both appear to be quality boats, however, I am concerned that the
Oyster is built in the UK and I know they cannot build cars or
airplanes : (

Thanks in advance

Hunter