Jonathan Spencer Jonathan Spencer is offline

Default signal to noise ratio

In message , -rick-
writes
Jonathan Spencer wrote:
About a week later I had the trailer ready and she started after a
bit of persuasion. (It's very easy to flood the engine with too much
choke.) We let it idles for maybe 10 minutes and then untied the
warps. Once out in the river, it was my intention to give her a good
thrash up and down by way of a workout. But the engine would rev up
to maybe half speed, run for a short while (not more than a minute)
and then cut out. Turning the key to crank got it going again but it
repeated this several times. So we made out way to the jetty by the
ramp and hauled her onto the trailer. That's as much as I can say.

It could be the fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter.

Ah yes, that would make sense. It ticks over OK on a trickle of fuel
but can't supply the fuel at the rate required on revving up so once the
carbs' bowls are empty, it cuts out. Logical.

--
Jonathan

A good reputation is more valuable than money.
Publilius Syrus (~100 BC), Maxims