Default signal to noise ratio

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 00:05:47 +0100, Jonathan Spencer
wrote:

In message , John H.
writes
On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 21:33:58 +0100, Jonathan Spencer
wrote:

In message , John H.
writes

The Tees dumps into a harbor with a golf course on both sides. My kind of
place!

It does? All I see is industry north and south. Are we talking about
the same river?

Well, I was probably looking at the wrong place. Here's where I saw the
golf courses: http://tinyurl.com/58mwdz

Goodness me, golf courses. Salt marshes. The area north & south of the
river, with all those roads, are former/current chemical works and steel
furnaces. Google Earth shows what the place is really like.

[snip]

It sounds like you may have more problems than a sticking thermostat.
Sounds like carburetor problems also. Hopefully one of the mechanic types
will jump in here to help out.

Quite possibly a fuel feed problem. I need to look at it again.

What brand engine was it again? I could go back through all the messages,
but I'm quite lazy.

Yamaha.

Check out this site also:

http://www.marineengine.com/discus/m...81/12481.shtml

or:

http://tinyurl.com/6ac5lc

Did I have the wrong location?

Jonathan Spencer wrote:
About a week later I had the trailer ready and she started after a bit
of persuasion. (It's very easy to flood the engine with too much
choke.) We let it idles for maybe 10 minutes and then untied the warps.
Once out in the river, it was my intention to give her a good thrash up
and down by way of a workout. But the engine would rev up to maybe half
speed, run for a short while (not more than a minute) and then cut out.
Turning the key to crank got it going again but it repeated this several
times. So we made out way to the jetty by the ramp and hauled her onto
the trailer. That's as much as I can say.

It could be the fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter.

In message , -rick-
writes
Jonathan Spencer wrote:
About a week later I had the trailer ready and she started after a
bit of persuasion. (It's very easy to flood the engine with too much
choke.) We let it idles for maybe 10 minutes and then untied the
warps. Once out in the river, it was my intention to give her a good
thrash up and down by way of a workout. But the engine would rev up
to maybe half speed, run for a short while (not more than a minute)
and then cut out. Turning the key to crank got it going again but it
repeated this several times. So we made out way to the jetty by the
ramp and hauled her onto the trailer. That's as much as I can say.

It could be the fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter.

Ah yes, that would make sense. It ticks over OK on a trickle of fuel
but can't supply the fuel at the rate required on revving up so once the
carbs' bowls are empty, it cuts out. Logical.

--
Jonathan

A good reputation is more valuable than money.
Publilius Syrus (~100 BC), Maxims

oil to gas ratio [email protected] General 2 March 31st 07 08:48 PM
low ratio self tailing winches? Shaun Van Poecke Boat Building 5 January 21st 07 09:14 PM
Our signal to noise ratio sucks....... [email protected] General 42 October 30th 05 05:27 PM
Boring Noise Ratio Lonny ASA 8 March 3rd 04 12:20 AM
Outdrive Gear Ratio? [email protected] General 3 August 12th 03 01:03 PM