Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default Launch Ramp Follies...

or, as I like to call it, The Clown Show.

Dave Fields, one of my long time fishing buddies, called and asked if
I wanted to heed up to Webster for some bassin' in his brandy new
Triton 21X2 DC. Heck yeah.

Had a great time, caught some fish and got to look ever his new boat.
Very nice, setup for tournament fishing with a 250 Merc Optimax Pro XS
engine. It's got more state-of-the-art electronics than I thought you
could put on a bass boat.

Anyway, we headed back to the ramp and noticed a guy trying to back up
his boat and trailer. He was really making a project out of it
crossways, sideways - anyway but straight.

We beached the Triton and while Dave went to get the truck and
trailer, I walked over to the guy and asked if I could give him a
hand. Younger guy and he had his girlfriend in the truck. Help was
refused rather brusquely and when I said "You sure- no problem" it was
a very definite no with a few choice swear words thrown in for good
measure.

OOOkay - no problem - have at it.

Well, it kept getting worse. As we recovered the girlfriend got out
of the truck and was trying to direct Mr. I Don't Need No Help and it
was just getting more frustrating to him. Every time he'd make an
error and compound that error by making another and another and so on.

Dave and I pulled up under the trees in the recovery area to secure
the boat and gear - I wasn't paying much attention and I heard Dave
shout NO NO NO...I looked up, looked over and, as God is my witness,
the guy had disconnected the boat from the truck and was trying to
walk the boat, on the trailer, down the ramp.

Needless to say, as soon as it started rolling downhill, it got away
from him, spun on the front tongue jack and flipped upside down
sideways.

The girlfriend just got out of the truck and started walking up hill
past Dave and me. As she went by, she stopped and asked if she could
stay with us until her sister could get there to pick her up - she
didn't want to be around when the guys Dad got there - the boat was
brand new - hadn't even been in the water yet.

Cops and FD arrived, the kid's Dad showed up and went ballistic
because, as the cop told us, Dad didn't know Son had the boat. Girl's
sister showed up and off she went along with us after explaining to
the cop what happened.

Eventful afternoon. :)