Molesworth Molesworth is offline

Default Laminate Sails

In article 200806221525398930-jerelull@maccom,
Jere Lull wrote:

On 2008-06-22 14:01:16 -0400, thudbranch said:

I just bought a Genoa and Main from a "known" sailloft. The sails have
are built with this layered construction:
1. Scrim protective surface
2. Mylar
3. Fiber reinforcements
4. Scrim protective surface

Both sails have built in wrinkles or buckles in areas that I believe
are due to not having everything flat when assembling or drying the
glues. Also the genoa is on a furler and the inside layer (as rolled
up) seems to have buckled in small ripples away from the laminate
since I first put it on. These ripples are 1/16 or so high in some
areas of the sails. How common is this? Should I be concerned? What
does it do to the performance?

That doesn't seem right.

What's your sail loft say?

"It'll ride up with wear"