[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default "NAM" gribs over HF/Iridium?

On Jun 10, 10:03 pm, "Faire dinkum" wrote:
I don't know whether they're "NAM" gribs or not but have a look at the ugrib
program from grib.us

Thanks for that. It uses the GFS model. I use Airmail / Saildocs as
a chopper. It can get NOGAPS data which is generally better at sea
level than the GFS which is primarily an aviation model. Both of
those are global models and they do not do a good job in places that
have strong local heating and cooling. Airmail can also grab COAMPS
which is a meso scale model for some of the USA but, IMO, it doesn't
do a good job. Airmail can't do NAM because it uses a Lambert
Conformal grid (conic) and airmail only works with rectangular grids.
Bummer, as NAM appears to do the best job of predicting local wx in
the Sea of Cortes where winds are thermal.

-- Tom.