Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Best Boat Guns?

On Fri, 30 May 2008 14:27:56 -0600, "JaxAshby"
wrote:

For
longer ranges I prefer an autoloading .338 which I shot offhand remarkably
well. I shoot grouse and ptarmigan with an RWS air rifle. One shot through
the head does the trick.

Try standing in the back of a moving truck, off road, and see what you
hit at longer ranges. What kind of boat do you plan to shoot pirates
from, a cruise ship, a boxboat, or what. A former member of the Army
team at Camp Perry, went to Africa, killed 92 head of big game with 93
shots, and took a rest every single time. This was one of the best
offhand shots ever. If you are good offhand past a hundred yards you
are certainly better than average. On opening day of deer season, you
pick a good ambush spot and wait. The big city hunters will keep the
deer moving, and you take your twenty five yard shot. Being a good
shot offhand is fine, but you can usually find a steadier position.
Askins did in Africa: 93shots for 92kills! Really knowing to shoot is
better than not, but if you really know how to hunt, you can usually
avoid difficult shooting. The best hunters prefer close and
motionless. With a rest. The expert shooters mostly feel that way,
just like the average shots Always use loaded dice and marked cards..

Casady