John H.[_4_] John H.[_4_] is offline

Default Spectacular Day on the Potomac

On Tue, 27 May 2008 23:38:33 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 27 May 2008 17:42:02 -0400, John H.
wrote:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../InCommand.jpg

What is that ship tied up behind your boat? That the War college back
there? It's been a while since I was in DC

Great eyes! Yes, that's the frigate (or destroyer?) which has been docked
at the National War College for years and years. I don't know if it ever
moves. I've never seen it moving or away from the dock. Then again, it may
be a training ship of some sort. Unlike active ships, there was no one
shooing us away when we went by, within 50 yards.

The Anacostia is much cleaner now than when you were there last. I hadn't
been there in about twenty years either, and I was surprised at how much
cleaner the whole area looked.
--
John *H*