Josh Assing Josh Assing is offline

Default Bennett "AutoTab" Control?

Just wanted to give folks an update.

Just over 4 weeks after i was told 'tomorrow' i have heard back that they're
sending me a new control unit to try.

The boat is out of the water getting a radar arch installed -- hopefully I'll be
able to install & test by next week..

So -- "Stay Tuned..."

-josh

On Sat, 03 May 2008 11:13:28 -0700, Josh Assing wrote:

Has anyone tried this?

I bought one and have issues -- last I heard was that bennett was checking with
the engineers and would get back to me "tomorrow" (that was last week)

I'm having two issues with it. I'm hopeful the brain-trust here can come up
with a solution.

Issue 1: pitch/roll

The roll is spot on -- I can walk or redistribute weight and in a matter of
seconds; the boat is re-trimmed to be flat.

However, the pitch has a bow-down bias. In otherwords, it puts the tabs down to
level the boat side-side, but never releases; so the result is the bow will end
up getting stuffed down after a bit.

Issue 2: canceling auto control

the unit is supposed to auto-cancel when you manually adjust. This works fine,
most of the time.

It "learns" when it's at the end of the stroke -- ie: it tries to put it down
more, doesn't sense an attitude change, so it stops trying after about a minute.

Once it "gives up" trying; it won't auto-release from auto-control. ie:
manually adjusting it should release it; but it doesn't -- you've got to power
it off and back on in order to get it to release.

Anyone have:
A) any ideas
B) similar problems

Thanks