Jay[_3_] Jay[_3_] is offline

Default The Suzuki DF2.5 HP Has Arrived!

On May 16, 6:34*am, wrote:
On Fri, 16 May 2008 04:53:24 -0700 (PDT), Jay

wrote:

On May 16, 3:34*am, wrote: As long as you got a stream
of water out of the pee-hole, you have no worries about how deep of a
bucket you used.

So that's what those two little tiny adjacent holes higher up on
the shaft are called? *There was a stream of water coming out of them.
*Why is water coming out there? *If you guessed I'm an outboard
newbie, you guessed right.
-Jay

The pee-hole, also called the "tell-tale" is a single hole or little rubber tube sticking out on the underside of the engine cover. It should always ALWAYS have a steady stream of water coming out of it from within about one second of when you start the engine and whenever it is running at any RPM. If not, immediately shut down and investigate. I think you had better put everything on hold and go read your owners manual very carefully before you break something.

Actually, the two tiny adjacent holes I spoke about that are 19"
above the center of the prop and about 4.5": below the motor are
apparently the so-called "pee holes" and/or "tell-tale" holes on that
particular model (DF2.5) of Suzuki outboard. And yes, as I stated
before, water is squirting out of those during test operation in the
water bucket. And from what I've surmised, this ejection of water
through those two little holes indicates that the water pump is
functioning correctly and if it weren't, then, since it's a water-
cooled motor, serious overheating and/or damage could occur. Am I
right on these points?

Now don't be jealous because I have TWO pee holes on my outboard
and you only have ONE on yours. LOL.
-Jay