HEMI - Powered[_2_] HEMI - Powered[_2_] is offline

Default Function of a leeboard on a flatbottemd ship

Bouler added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

As to the def of "leeboard", I thought your informal one was
quite good.

Ok, but the site I gave you gives perfect information.
OTOH I can understand you but a lot of wikipedia gives you a first
impression, I learnd a lot on several pages..
BTW every encyclopedia is made by people;-)

Please be aware that my point was and is, Bouler, that the problem
with Whackopedia is that there is NO editorial overight as with a
commercial, published encyclopedia or a moderated NG. Please also
recall that I said that since my nautical knowledge is so limited,
and your explaination was so good, that I can hardly detect an
error in the reference you cited. But, I HAVE discovered factual
errors in it ranging from cars to IT to American and world history
to politics to medicine to about anything I've ever looked at when
I get a Google hit and I'm already knowledgeable enough to know
what is and is not correct. This is rather simple to do, as I
easily can with the Mopar NG, allpar.com, which is just rife with
errors, some so egregious as to hurt my eyes coming from a site
supposedly the authority on Chrysler engineering and performance.

I know exacly what you mean Jerry and there are so many sites about
everything with different views.
But a fact is a fact , on several pagen I know what the facts should
be but my knowledge is also limited.

OK, OK! I did say, didn't I, that YOU know your boats like I know my
cars and if you say that wiki is Okey, Dokey here, I will certainly
take your word for it. I do hope, though, that you at least see where
my skepticism comes from ...

--
HP, aka Jerry

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"