HEMI - Powered HEMI - Powered is offline

Default NL - Friesland _ Prinsenhof _ tacking a skutsje - file 2 of 5 DSC_8041_bewerkt.jpg

Jeronimus added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

First time I've ever seen a sailing barge! The kind I'm used to
seeing are large, flat-bottomed floating cargo carriers either
towed or pushed with a tugboat.

Hello HEMI,

these were the traditional 'freighters' of Holland. Now used mostly
for chartering (groups) and sometimes to race (although they tend to
be tuned up a little for the latter..)

Regards,

Thanks for the info, Jeroen, I appreciate it.

--
HEMI - Powered, aka Jerry

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"