posted to rec.boats.building
Capt John Capt John is offline

Default Any yacht brokers hang out here?

On May 3, 12:27*pm, "Tom Dacon" wrote:
Are there any yacht brokers that hang out in this group? I'm going to be
preparing a 41' wooden sloop for sale one of these days, and I have some
questions about certain upgrades that I'm thinking about doing. I'm
wondering if I can get some informed opinions about whether the cost of the
upgrades would pay off, either in terms of making the boat more attractive
for sale or getting me a better price.

Thanks,
Tom Dacon

I'm not sure how the sail boat market is right now, but the power boat
market is real bad, brokers are apparently having a very bad year. I
don't beleave the sail boat market is much better. If I were you, I'd
probably stay away from the market for now, keep the money in my
pocket, unless you find a yard that's very hungry for work and will do
it for a low price just to keep their people busy and have some cash
flow.