JAXAshby

Default Price for Sabb 10hp

you mean you are looking at a grossly heavy, pitifully underpowered engine made
in some garage in Norway, rebuilt "some time ago" ....

..... and THEN ....

..... are asking for definitive advice from rec.boat.highschool on just how much
this thing is worth????

Of course.

Dude, an 9.9 hp outboard would be easier to fix and keep in running shape and
would weigh several hundred pounds less.

In addition, most any single cylinder recent production diesel inboard would
weigh upwards of 250# less and be easy to keep repaired.

For that matter, a Vyre (sp?) 7 hp, 2-cycle gasoline inboard would weigh close
to 350# less (that means the boat would have 350# more load carrying capacity
(use it for fuel if you wish. 350# of gasoline is about 55 gallons EXTRA fuel
onboard, or about 150 *hours* more motoring time than the obese sabb engine.

Thanks for the benefit of your wisdom.

If I had any idea at all I would never have posted.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
price of a 440 pound engine -- without starter motor -- that develops 10

hp
flat out, throttle against the fire wall, motor built in Norway, "rebuilt

while back"?

You tell us.

Hi,
Anyone have a clue what a Sabb 10hp (with drive) would
be worth in he USA? It has been rebuilt a while back apparently. The

owner
wants an offer, but I have no idea what the motor is worth.
Any comments would be appreciated.

thanks,
Neil McC.