jamesgangnc jamesgangnc is offline

Default Bennett "AutoTab" Control?

Sorry but I decided that it simply was not possible for an auto trim to know
where I want my tabs for fore to aft. I can see the attractiveness of the
side to side auto though.

"Josh Assing" wrote in message
Has anyone tried this?

I bought one and have issues -- last I heard was that bennett was checking
with
the engineers and would get back to me "tomorrow" (that was last week)

I'm having two issues with it. I'm hopeful the brain-trust here can come
up
with a solution.

Issue 1: pitch/roll

The roll is spot on -- I can walk or redistribute weight and in a matter
of
seconds; the boat is re-trimmed to be flat.

However, the pitch has a bow-down bias. In otherwords, it puts the tabs
down to
level the boat side-side, but never releases; so the result is the bow
will end
up getting stuffed down after a bit.

Issue 2: canceling auto control

the unit is supposed to auto-cancel when you manually adjust. This works
fine,
most of the time.

It "learns" when it's at the end of the stroke -- ie: it tries to put it
down
more, doesn't sense an attitude change, so it stops trying after about a
minute.

Once it "gives up" trying; it won't auto-release from auto-control. ie:
manually adjusting it should release it; but it doesn't -- you've got to
power
it off and back on in order to get it to release.

Anyone have:
A) any ideas
B) similar problems

Thanks